Meet the EMP Founders
EMP Founder + Titled Women's Health Physiotherapist
Lyz is one of Australia's leading women's health physiotherapists with a Masters in Womens' Health and Continence from Curtin University and a proud Mum of two.
Lyz has treated thousands of pregnant and postnatal women in her 16 years as a Physiotherapist and is passionate about preventive healthcare. She is the founder of one of Women in Focus Physiotherapy in Sydney, and has spent 10 years also working at the Royal Hospital for Women.
Lyz has spoken at many medical conferences, and completed her own clinical research into the recovery of severe perineal tears, which has been published in an International recognised Medical journal.
You can find out more about Lyz and access her published research at lyzevans.com.
EMP Founder + Pregnancy and Postnatal Exercise Specialist
Kimmy is a pregnancy and postnatal exercise specialist, yoga teacher and a proud Mum to three little girls.
Kimmy was a former professional athlete and corporate lawyer. She played at the elite level for over 10 years, representing the NSW Swifts and was a member of the Australia Diamonds Squad.
Drawing from her experience as a professional athlete, Kimmy is passionate about supporting women to feel strong during their pregnancy and to return to exercise in a safe and positive way after birth.
Highly qualified and respected, Kimmy has been featured in Women's Health Mag, Body and Soul, the SMH and more. She is the founder of the Fit Mummy Project and the postnatal fitness and well-being hub kimmysmithfit.com
The EMP Experts Panel + Topics Covered!
Dr Jason Chow
Gynaecologist + Obstetrician
Dr Jason Chow is a gynaecologist and obstetrician, interested in the management of pain in the pelvis and the body.
In the EMP he shares his incredible knowledge to help you to prepare for an informed and empowered birth. Topics covered include:
- What to expect at your antenatal appointments.
- Your options when labour doesn’t progress as planned.
- Episiotomy and tearing explained.
- Pain relief options in labour.
Find out more about Dr Chow here.
Dr Nicole Highet
Psychologist and Founder of COPE
Dr Nicole Highet is a clinical psychologist and founder of the Centre of Perinatal Excellence (COPE).
In the EMP she shares practical tools and advice to help reduce the impacts of emotional and mental health problems in the pre and postnatal periods. Topics covered include:
- Managing fears in pregnancy.
- Pre and Postnatal anxiety and depression.
- Coping with the baby blues.
- Coping with the demands of motherhood.
- Changes to your relationship.
Find out more about Dr Nicole and COPE here.
Doula + Founder of She Births
Nadine Richardson is a mother and has been a childbirth educator, labour assistant (doula) and prenatal yoga teacher for over 20 years. She is the creator of the She Births® program. In the EMP she helps you to prepare for birth using scientifically verified techniques and practical tools.
Topics covered include:
- How to induce labour naturally.
- Physical tools to help birth your baby.
- Mental preparation for labour.
- What is a doula and do you need one?
Find out more about Nadine andShe Births® here.
Dietician + Nutritionist
Stefanie Valakas is an accredited Practising Dietitian with a Masters of Nutrition & Dietetics. In the EMP Stefanie shares scientific nutrition advice to help you to support your healthy pregnancy and raise happy and healthy children.Topics covered include:
- Nutrition for each Trimester.
- Nutrition for birth.
- Foods to support breastfeeding.
- Postnatal nutrition for mum life
- Nutrition for baby gut health.
Find out more about Stefanie and The Dietologist here.
Lactation Consultant and Midwife
Cathy Shortt is a lactation consultant and midwife. The Mum of three shares her wealth of knowledge and experience to help you to prepare and feel supported as you begin your breastfeeding journey. Topics covered include:
- Expressing colostrum in pregnancy.
- Is your baby getting enough milk?
- When breastfeeding doesn't go to plan
- Healing mastitis
- Why Fed is always best
Find out more about Cathy and Milk and Mums Co here.
Nutritionist + TV Chef + Author
Zoe Bingley-Pullin is a qualified nutritionist, TV host and an author. In the EMP Zoe shares passion for good nutrition together with her experiences as a Mum to help you to make the best nutritional choices during pregnancy and postpartum. Topics covered include:
- Whole food nutrition for a healthy pregnancy
- Breastfeeding preparation in pregnancy
- Healing your body with whole food nutrition
- The best snack recipes for new mums
- First foods for your baby
Find out more about Zoe and her online program Falling in Love with Food here.
Naturopath + Nutritionist
Belinda is an expert nutritionist and naturopath from Sydney. She is the co-author of the book Healthy Hormones. In the EMP she shares naturopathic advice to help you acheive optimal health and vitality during pregnancy and motherhood. Topics covered include:
- Pregnancy and postnatal hormones
- Coping with morning sickness
- Choosing the best prenatal supplements
- Preparing your body for birth
- Supplements for breastfeeding
- Avoiding Postnatal Depletion
Find out more about Belinda and Healthy Hormones here.
Polly is a midwife and nurse with over 11 years experience. In the EMP Polly educates us on just what to expect from antenatal appointments, what happens during birth and labour and how to care for your newborn.
Topics covered include:
- What to expect at your final midwife appointments
- What labour is really like
- Emergency C-Section birth explained
- Preparing for breastfeeding in pregnancy
- Postpartum - the first few hours after birth
Recognised as a leader in her field, with over 13 years experience in the health care industry, Gina holds a BHSc in Nutritional Medicine, has a background in nursing and is a mother to 3 young children.
Gina is a lover of wholesome food and has a real passion for using the power of nature to heal the body.
Gina has contributed several recipes to the EMP.